Monday, April 14, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had a really busy weekend we got much accomplished with the beginnings of moving the girls around. We bought Jordan and Kaleigh a new dresser to combine them in to one as opposed to having two dressers in their one bedroom.





We bought it at Ikea for $270 bucks you can't beat it, it's huge and the drawers are really deep so it's perfect. So I'm going to change the knobs to glass ones to pretty it up, Kaleigh wasn't too happy it didn't have any animals painted on it like hers, but once I explained that she is now a really big girl and needs big girl things she could no longer have the animals painted on her dresser, but she wasn't buying it too much. Oh well.


Madison will now get Jordan's old dresser, which I think we are going to paint it white since that is what the new convertible crib color will be that our neighbor is giving us, then changing the knobs to something girly as well. I wish I could find cheap pulls with shoes on them since that is the theme we are going to do in her room, Kaleigh's old room, which since last summer was the extra playroom. We are now seriously downsizing our toys. Some of which went into Jordan and Kaleigh's room, some are going to stay in Madison's room and some are going into the garage sale along with Kaleigh's old dresser, which was my very old dresser from High School, and I'm ready for it to go, it's not in good condition. But the garage sale is coming either this weekend coming or as soon as we get back from vacation. I'm ready now.


Hopefully we can fully clean out the playroom for Madison and paint it a light shade of pink and move her in some time in early June, so we can then begin converting the nursery from pink to blue for our little boy. A lot of work to do in what feels like a short amount of time. All this cleaning and 10 loads of laundry all before Michael left for his trip to El Paso. Yuck. On top of that I caught Michael's cold so I am not only at half speed from pregnancy but this cold is killing me. I also went to the Allergist today. If you have allergies and have never been to an allergist unless your a sadist don't go! My arms look like swollen tree limbs. I always knew I had seasonal allergies but I had no idea, I am allergic to every outdoor and indoor pollutant. I wish I could take a picture of my arms it's kind of gross really. However, I now know that all trees, mold, dust, dogs (apparently she can't sleep in our bed anymore), cats, grass, and some weeds cause serious allergic reactions and that is why Sept through early Nov and March through June are absolutely horrific for me. So now I have a choice to do my current wave of medication Zyrtec and Rhinocort for 6 months out of the year or beginning in the fall get allergy shots once a week for 2 years. I don't know, busy mother of 4 going weekly to the allergist to get shots, does that sound like an easy task or suffer with my allergies seasonally for the rest of my life. Tough decision. Other than that we are surviving without Michael for the next few days. He has my camera otherwise I would post pictures of Kaleigh doing tennis and Jordan doing golf with Michael, so we'll have to wait a few days until he gets back to post those but they are really cute.

No comments:

Baby Ticker has been removed

Ticker has been removed due to arrival of baby on July 1 at 1:15 AM.