Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Going to change Blog Names Soon

Well as you all know the Cole Family of 5 is now 6 so we will be changing our blog site soon and hopefully you will be able to find us with a link. I'm still working out the details.


Well it's been a rough week home, recovery from baby has been easy, but the other surgery has definitley been a challenge. I cannot do much with my left arm and I am not allowed to lift up anything more than 5lbs (Praise God Jaden is only 4 1/2 lbs), Madison has definitely been a little clingy to Michael because of it, she really wants Mommy to hold her so we are working around her climbing up on things to get to my lap. Every day I get better but it is a challenge to hold him on the left side to nurse him, I know God is answering my prayers every day by making me stronger and helping him with nursing so it is not too much work for both of us.
He continues to amaze the doctors we went on Monday for your 2-4 day follow up after you are discharged, interesting having all four kids in one small doctors office at one time, but since Jordan had her 7 year check up and Jaden his 3 day check up we all had to go. Jordan did GREAT better than I thought since she got two vaccines - she didn't even cry. We were so proud, of course her arm is still sore where she had one shot but I can't complain too much. As for Mr. Jaden, again he amazes the doctors for his size and ability. They all expect to see this little sickly baby at 4 lbs and quite frankly I was quite convinced he would have lost more weight with still learning to breast feed, but we are supplementing although he seems to not want much of it after breast feeding. I don't know if he's just worn out from nursing (it takes so long in the beginning) or he is just full. But he has gained back almost all of his weight, he is back to 4lbs 5.5oz in less than a week (not that he had much to lose - but you know they always lose a little before they check out), his coloring is perfect (his billirubin sp? stabalized so it never got higher than 8.7 - great for our kids they all top out around 11 or 12) he's alert, active and just so darn cute! OK I'm bragging. He is eating the typical 2-3 hours so there is definitely that adjustment again but hopefully he will gain weight quickly and can hold more food in his tummy and sleep longer because right now Michael is here to get up with the kids but in another week he is going back to work and then it's almost all me.












Hope you like some of the pictures.

3 comments:

kristen said...

How wonderful to see all the kids with him! He is a cutie. I"m glad you are adjusting ok... if I can help in any way, let me know - I know it won't help much since I work when Michael does, but... you can always try me if you need something! :) Can't wait to see you and meet Jaden, when the time is right for you all. Take care of yourself, even though that's hard with four little ones... :) Love ya, Kristen

Courtney said...

praying for you!!!

Jenkins said...

I heard that you had a new little man in your life! Congratulations! The pictures are adorable, the girls look so excited to have their little brother.
Praying for the newborn time to go smoothly. Wishing you many wonderful new days and restful nights.
Carrie

Baby Ticker has been removed

Ticker has been removed due to arrival of baby on July 1 at 1:15 AM.