Monday, February 25, 2008

My Birthday


So here I am celebrating another birthday, I won't tell you which one because I truly do not want to count them anymore. I realize how important they are to my family and how truly
special my husband makes me feel on my birthday. He really puts a lot of effort into leaving
me notes every where and trying to make me a special dinner. The kids love to have cake
and sing happy birthday, even Madison got into it with a big smile. I realize age is only a number
and I am so blessed to have the family that I have including the new baby (yes this is me at 18
weeks 3 days pregnant). A friend of mine is adopting a baby and to read her words of discovery and love for this child she has prayed for and has only been able to meet at (16 months) for 3 weeks is truly amazing. It makes me realize and appreciate how fortunate I am to be a mom, even on the days when I am exhausted (which are many) and worn out that it is such a short time that we have with them. If I live to be 70 or 80 I'll have only given up a short time to spend with them while they are little. I pray every day that I could help them become these incredible young women, some days I see peeks of it with their words or actions and others I'm just too caught up in the daily routine to notice. But I know that they won't always want to fight for who gets to sit on my lap or see the love they have for each other. I know my time is short with them being small and even though some days it seems forever, I know I will miss those days when they are gone. I know how fortunate I am to have a husband who still adores me, even after being together for 11 years. That he wants to spoil me and love me unconditionally, Thank You God for my family, thank you that you have given me a love I never knew possible.

No comments:

Baby Ticker has been removed

Ticker has been removed due to arrival of baby on July 1 at 1:15 AM.